Saturday, November 17, 2012

Splurges and Keeping it Simple

So I ate some pancake today (no butter just a little maple syrup) with my grandson, we shared so I don't feel quite as guilty about it and I used oil in the Vegan Chili Recipe that we will be eating with our baked potatoes tonight for dinner. The family is not adhering to the same restrictions as I am so they will be adding cheese and sour cream etc.. to their dinners I am sure.

I plan on keeping to the diet guidelines 98% of the time and allowing little bits of splurges to keep my sanity.
This week I want to focus on simple recipes.

Breakfast: 5 grain oats cooked in the microwave with water and then about 1/2 cup of rice or almond milk ( I am going back and forth between the two) a banana and/ or some blueberries on top.
I will get more creative as time goes by. My coffee is also getting a little bit of rice milk or almond milk to get used to not having 1/2 and 1/2.

Lunch: Salad and homemade apple chips

Dinner: tonight will be vegan chili and a baked potato and salad...

Simple, Simple, Simple... later on I will experiment with more ingredients and menus.. This week the key is Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment